Monday, August 16, 2010

Undressed

Don't look away
I know full well my heart is showing
What exactly are you so afraid to see?
Does my bare essence embarrass you?
Touch you in a way it's not supposed to?
It's my face the tears caress, not you
You haven't been violated
So just let me be
Or...
Watch if you want to
As my soul strips her garments
in broad daylight
Dances with abandon in plain sight
Every curve of my emotions
Every wrinkle of my fears
Uncovered. Exposed. Raw.
Burning in the sun, congealing in snow
Every drop of rain that falls on me
makes me grow
I won't cover up just 'cause they want me to
My insanity is beautiful
The pain that makes art
the joy that spreads love
Or the ardent wrestling of those two
The sensation of it all
means I'm still breathing
If you see me bleeding
it means my blood still flows
You can avert your eyes
from my heart's bare skin
But it'll still be here
when you turn around again
Underneath it all
I bet we look just the same
But you keep clothing yourself
in pretense and shame
I'm giving you me as I am
Now I wait for you
with anxious eyes-
I want to see your heart, too

1 comment:

  1. Love it.... i can SO relate. "Its my face the tears caress, not you (...) Im giving u me as I am..." Me hiciste llorar...

    ReplyDelete