Monday, July 5, 2010

Wasting Space

I'm not trying to look down
Don't want to think about how far I am from the ground
It really doesn't matter that much
If a castle's made of sand it crumbles to the touch
And dust is dust whether it rises or it falls
Dirt is still dirt even on marble walls
I'm not worth more than anybody else
I'm the clay jar sitting on the shelf
And it wouldn't make a difference if I broke right now
It's happened before and the world is still round
The only thing I'm fearful of is wasting space
By no merit of my own I've been given a place
It should have been for something beautiful
to do the incredible
and make it endure
But the truth of the matter is
I'm only going to shatter and
be glued back together impure.
Bronzed or bejeweled or plated with gold
Beneath all the glitter I'm cracked and old
And if I never get to see a restoration
If I'm to be replaced by some immaculate creation
It is what it is and I'll have to let it be
I'll be the best broken glass the world did see
On the ground I'll sparkle and reflect the sun
It'll be beautiful to someone
Waiting for easy
and waiting for calm
or waiting for painless
means waiting too long
So why wait for perfect
to carry my flowers
even if I'm only here
a few more hours
Remember, or not, that I was here, once I'm gone
I won't know either way, I know time will press on
I'm conscious of this : right here and right now
I just want to be good for something, somehow

3 comments:

  1. Did you write this....wow girl what talent. Your words moved me and I can definitely relate:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a gift with words, I could see that when you wrote letters from Dominican. You are a truly, unique beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete