Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Repeat

It's been in my head for days
I hear it in my dreams
I annoy myself with the fact that
every moment of silence I fill
with the sound of my own
voice singing a line
Or humming a bar
I love it so much I'm starting to hate it
but I can't take it off repeat
I linger on the" back" button
to feel it all again and again
It's that track that makes me cry
The one I could have sworn
was stolen straight from my life
It chills me to my bones
leaves me at once both warm and cold
but I'm about to play it again
Gotta be at least 12 other songs
on the album
times hundreds
maybe another song I'll love more
I contemplated deleting it
altogether from my playlist
But I can't seem to move on
Its notes are sharp where
flat belongs
with lyrics senseless at best
You must think I'm crazy
and I know I've played it out
and made you hate it
But it's my song
and even though it hurts
I can't help
but play it again

(Composed January 19, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment