Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Copper Snake


I keep looking at him, hoping to ease the pain
WhenI know too well that he's the pain
And still I liquefy and shoot him into my veins
The tears running down my face
are even his color.
Now here I am, prostrated till my knees bleed
But its the anguish I need
So I'll know I haven't died
I lied to myself till it became my truth
A victim of the dreams that beautified my youth
He was supposed to make me better
But his copper eyes don't see me
I just keep looking at him
Something in me wants him
to come to life and hurt me for real
No matter how bad, its just better to feel
The surface wound will leave the scars
with which people sympathize
But who cries for me while he coils himself
around my thoughts
There's no salve, no antidote
No chance or hope
of closing the holes he left
when the venom seeped into my heart
Drunk off the hurt
High off the sorrow
I'll open my eyes
I'll stll feel it tomorrow
Its the one thing I know no one will steal from me
Its been hurting so long it's like home to me
So I just keep looking at him

(Composed April 2, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment